Keto mozzarella-stuffed meatballs
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 oz. (1 cup) 110 g (230 ml) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat with cream, garlic, basil, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well with your hands or a large wooden fork.
- Form the balls using wet hands. The bigger you make them the longer they will take to cook. Flatten them out in your hand and place a pile of cheese in the middle of the patty. Wrap the meat around the cheese and form it into a ball. Repeat until you've used all of the meat and cheese.
- In a large frying pan, fry the meatballs in butter on medium-high heat until nicely browned.
Turn those juices into a delicious sauce! Just add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to the pan juices and bring it to a boil. Stir and simmer for a few minutes to reduce to desired consistency.
You can deepen the flavors even more by adding 1 tablespoon gluten-free Japanese Tamari soy sauce and a little black pepper. Soy sauce is salty all on its own, so if you use it, just hold off on salting the meat.
Note: Because the meat will shrink during frying, some of the cheese might slowly leak out of the balls by the end of the cooking process. We consider that a visually delicious bonus!