Low carb lettuce enchiladas
- 12 oz. 350 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 4 (1 lb) 4 (450 g) tomato, choppedtomatoes, chopped
- ¼ (1 oz.) ¼ (28 g) , chopped, chopped
- 1 1 garlic clove, choppedgarlic cloves, chopped
- 3 3
- 1 cup 240 ml chicken broth
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 pinch 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 4 (4 oz.) 4 (110 g) leaves
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) avocado, cut into cubesavocados, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (7½ oz.) 240 ml (210 g) cottage cheese
- Rinse the chicken breast and place it in a small pot. Add the salt along with enough water to cover the chicken. Boil for approximately 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is ready, remove it from the water, allow it to cool, and shred using two forks.
- Place the chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chipotle peppers in a blender. Add the chicken stock and blend until smooth.
- Heat the avocado oil in a frying pan and pour in the salsa mix.
- Let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until it thickens.
- Add the chicken to the thickened sauce and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and dry them thoroughly. Serve the chicken mixture on the lettuce leaves with cottage cheese and avocado.
You can either serve the enchiladas ready made as shown in the image, or bring the chicken mixture, lettuce leaves, avocado and cottage cheese to the table in separate bowls so people can have fun assembling their own enchilada!
Chipotle chili peppers are jalapeño chili peppers that have been smoked and dried. If you can't find whole chili peppers, you can often find chipotle powder in the store. Substitute around 1/2 tsp of chipotle powder for one whole chipotle chili pepper. If you can't find chipotle powder, you can also use the same quantity of smoked paprika powder.