- 2 2 egg yolkegg yolks
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons erythritol (optional)
- 2 2 egg whiteegg whites
- Separate the eggs. Whisk the egg yolks until smooth and fluffy. Set aside the egg whites.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream with the vanilla and the sweetener. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes, until the cream thickens slightly.
- Reduce the heat and pour the whipped egg yolks into the hot cream. Combine well and let it simmer on low heat while stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Refrigerate mixture until cool.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fluffy; fold into the cream mixture.
- Pour the batter into a ice cream maker or in a jar with a lid and place in the freezer. Stir occasionally and continue freezing until it reaches desired consistency.
Instead of vanilla extract, you can also use vanilla powder or vanilla bean. Just split the bean lengthwise, scrape out the pods, and boil with the cream.
Feel free to get creative and add other favorite flavors. Cocoa, licorice powder, berries, roasted nuts and coconut flakes are all great choices!