Keto ground beef plate
Real food on a plate. Ground beef. Shredded cheddar. Greens, cucumbers, and peppers. Because a keto dinner doesn't have to be complicated.
- ¾ lb 325 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 oz. 55 g butter for frying
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (4 oz.) 475 ml (110 g) leafy greens
- 5 oz. 140 g cucumber
- ½ (2½ oz.) ½ (70 g) green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Brown the ground beef in butter until it is thoroughly cooked and most of the juice has evaporated.
- Lower the heat towards the end. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve together with raw veggies and shredded cheese. Drizzle olive oil over the salad before serving.
Add some taco seasoning to the beef, and this meal takes on a Tex-Mex air. If you decide to head in that direction, a dollop of sour cream might be a nice addition.
I though these plates were for people like me type 2 overweight on insulin.
So I can eat better and get off insulin??
I'm in Uk and it's hard to find diet help from doctors and nurses.
I hate being like this.
Best Wishes, Maddy
For the greens, yes they will add carbs. The amount of carbs added will vary based on the greens you prefer. Baby spinach is a great, very low carb option.
Hi, Kathryn! I know it can seem intimidating, but it certainly doesn't have to be difficult. We have SO many delicious recipes, so you're sure to see some that you love! I would recommend starting with our beginner guides. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto You may also want to sign up for our 2-Week Challenge. It's a great way to get started! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/get-started