- 2⁄3 lb 300 g cooked chickencooked chickens
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 3 3 eggeggs
- ½ ½ green bell pepper, finely choppedgreen bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml cream cheese
- 1¼ cups 300 ml shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Put all the ingredients for the pie crust into a food processor for a few minutes until the dough firms up into a ball. If you don’t have a food processor, you can also mix the dough with a fork.
- Attach a piece of parchment paper to a springform pan, no larger than 10 inches (23 cm) in diameter (the springform pan makes it easier to remove the pie when it’s done). Grease the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Spread the dough into the pan. Use an oiled spatula or your fingers. Pre-bake the crust for 10–15 minutes.
- Mix all other filling ingredients together, and fill the pie crust. Bake for 35–40 minutes or until the pie has turned a nice, golden brown.
- Let cool and serve with salad and a dressing.
Bring it along! A savory pie is as versatile as it is delicious. It really satisfies as a convenient work lunch. Or bring it along for a hearty family picnic. Savory pies also freeze incredibly well, so – if you’re lucky enough to have any – don’t let those leftover slices go to waste.