Keto chicken curry pie
- butter, for greasing
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) 180 ml (85 g) almond flour
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 1 large egglarge eggs
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp water
- 11 oz. 300 g cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 3 3 large egg, beatenlarge eggs, beaten
- ½ (2½ oz.) ½ (70 g) green bell pepper, finely choppedgreen bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (110 ml) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups (5 oz.) 300 ml (140 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Cover the bottom of a 10" (23 cm) round, springform pan with parchment paper. Grease the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Add the ingredients for the pie crust into a food processor bowl, and mix together for a few minutes, or until the dough thickens into a ball. Alternatively, the crust ingredients can be mixed together with a fork, or hands.
- Evenly press the dough onto the base, and sides of the pan (about 1" high), with lightly oiled fingers, or spatula. Pre-bake the crust, uncovered on the middle rack, for 10–15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the filling ingredients to a large bowl, and mix together until combined. Spread the mixture into the pie crust. Bake for 35–40 minutes or until the pie becomes lightly browned. (Check the pie half-way through the bake time; if it is browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.)
- Set aside to cool before serving.
A savory pie is as versatile as it is delicious. It really satisfies as a convenient work lunch. Or bring it along for a hearty family picnic. Savory pies also freeze incredibly well, so – if you’re lucky enough to have any – don’t let those leftover slices go to waste.
Recommended special equipment
- Food processor
Thank you for sharing this recipe. It looks delicious.
That was an entire day of calories in my older school of dieting! I wonder if it should be 6 or 8 serves for the above recipe to make rather than 4. WIsh I'd worked it out before I had leftovers for breakfast and had protein bar for lunch lol blew my budget way out of the water
I noticed that the same size beef pie is said to serve 6 but 8 slices works better. I'm thinking this will make 8 slices as well.
Cream cheese: 120g
Grated cheese: 125g
For those worried about calories, you really need to stop counting and go with your gut. If you are eating sufficient amounts of fat , your body will feel more full, naturally limiting you calorie intake without the need to count. I cut this into sixths, and depending on how much energy I've been burning, 2 portions maximum is usually all I would eat in a whole day.
Yes, you can lay it inside the pan and then grease it and the sides to make for easier removal of the sides after it is baked.
TIP: If you are thinking of making your own mayo to use, save yourself the trouble, just use a hand blender to wizz up the eggs, cream cheese and spices then add about 200ml of oil and wizz up again makes no difference to the taste or texture and there is no need to add any extra egg.
We have some information about possible substitutions in our psyllium guide but we have not tested any of them specifically in this recipe.
Through the roof on this dish!!
I’m finding it hard to not panic about eating it !!
Going for it anyway.
Glad all didn’t eat much this morning !!
I used some of the pastry for a quiche, and added a little Erythratol for a sweet Jam tart ❤️
I'm sorry, but I don't beleive we have a recipe like that at this time.
Give it a try and let us know how it was!
It should keep well for 3-5 days.