Kerala style chicken curry with coconut cream
- 1¼ lbs 550 g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 2 bay leafbay leaves
- 1 1 cinnamon stickcinnamon sticks
- 1 1 green chili pepper, choppedgreen chili peppers, chopped
- 3½ oz. 100 g white onionwhite onions
- 3½ oz. 100 g mushrooms
- 1¾ cups 425 ml
- 20 20 curry leafcurry leaves
- ¾ cup (2⁄5 oz.) 180 ml (12 g) , chopped
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a bowl, combine the chicken with salt, pepper, red chili powder, ground coriander, and ginger garlic paste. Allow marinating for a few minutes.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan or wok, heat the coconut oil. Once it gets hot, add the bay leaf and the cinnamon stick.
- Add the green chili pepper and chicken.
- Cook the chicken until it starts to get some color. Add the onions and mushrooms and stir well to combine.
- Once the mushrooms start to release their juice, add the coconut cream and the curry leaves.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5-6 minutes until all the flavors are well infused and the onions have softened.
- Taste and season with more salt if needed and finish with a generous sprinkle of coriander.
You can also use any low-carb and keto-friendly vegetables you like in the stew.
Perfect to serve with cauliflower rice.