Jill’s cheese-crusted omelet
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3 oz. 75 g (150 ml) mature shredded cheese or sliced
- 2 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp cream cheese
- ½ oz. 15 g baby spinach
- 1 oz. 30 g deli turkey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and salt and pepper.
- Heat up a dollop of butter in a non-stick frying pan. Spread out the cheese evenly in the pan, so it covers the entire bottom. Fry on medium heat until bubbly.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the cheese and lower the heat. Cook for a few minutes without stirring.
- Fill one half with mushrooms, tomatoes, baby spinach, cream cheese, turkey and oregano. Fry for a few minutes more.
- When the egg mixture starts to set (it can still be quite loose on top, but not too loose), turn the empty half over the topping side, forming a crescent. Fry for a few more minutes and enjoy!
There are an infinite number of ways to vary the filling, here are a few suggestions:
- mozzarella and pesto
- taco mince and avocado
- smoked salmon, cream cheese and baby spinach
- tuna, mayonnaise and scallions