Once you've tried this omelet, there's no turning back. With its irresistible crust and sumptuously rich filling, this cheese crusted miracle puts traditional omelets to shame. Perfect as a hearty breakfast but also an impressive option for a quick keto lunch or dinner.
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 3 oz. 75 g mature shredded cheese or sliced
- 2 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ½ oz. 15 g baby spinach
- 1 oz. 30 g deli turkey
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and salt.
- Heat up a dollop of butter in a non-stick frying pan. Spread out the cheese evenly in the pan, so it covers the entire bottom. Fry on medium heat until bubbly.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the cheese and lower the heat. Cook for a few minutes without stirring.
- Fill one half with mushrooms, tomatoes, baby spinach, cream cheese, turkey and oregano. Fry for a few minutes more.
- When the egg mixture starts to set (it can still be quite loose on top, but not too loose), turn the empty half over the topping side, forming a crescent. Fry for a few more minutes and enjoy!
There are an infinite number of ways to vary the filling, here are a few suggestions:
- mozzarella and pesto
- taco mince and avocado
- smoked salmon, cream cheese and baby spinach
- tuna, mayonnaise and scallions