Herby fishcakes with zucchini salad
- 10 oz. 280 g zucchini
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1 red chili pepper, or a pinch of chili flakesred chili peppers, or a pinch of chili flakes
- 1 1 garlic clove, gratedgarlic cloves, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g white fish fillet filletswhite fish fillets fillets
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) medium white onion, roughly choppedmedium white onions, roughly chopped
- ¼ oz. (1¼ tbsp) 7 g (18 ml) fresh mint, roughly chopped
- ¼ oz. (7 tbsp) 7 g (100 ml) fresh cilantro, or fresh parsley, stalks and leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil or ghee
- Slice the zucchini into ribbons, using a vegetable peeler. Place into a medium-sized bowl with the remaining zucchini salad ingredients. Stir to combine, and set aside.
- Cut the fish fillets into small pieces, and place into a food processor bowl. Add the onion, herbs, and salt. Pulse to form a rough paste.
- Measure 1/3 cup (80 ml) of the mixture for each fishcake (two fish cakes per serving). Using your hands, form even-sized fishcakes.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the fishcakes for about 4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve the warm fishcakes with the zucchini salad on the side.
Any white fish is suitable, such as haddock, cod or coley. If you're catering for a crowd, buy frozen white fish and defrost them overnight.
If using previously frozen fish fillets, squeeze out any liquid before adding to the food processor bowl.
Cooking time will vary, depending on the thickness of the fish cakes; thinner fishcakes will require less time than thicker ones.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Katie’s cookbook, "The 30 Minute Diabetes Cookbook: Eat to Beat Diabetes with 100 Easy Low-carb Recipes". Diet Doctor receives no payment or other considerations from the sale of Katie’s cookbooks or the publishing of this post.
I was wondering exactly the same thing.
That was an oversight. The Recipe Team has made the adjustment to the instructions. These are pan fried.