- 4 4 eggeggs
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 oz. 140 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 2 avocadoavocados
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 oz. 110 g smoked salmon
Nutrition87% Fat11% Protein2% Carbs
- Place the eggs in a pot carefully. Cover with cold water and place on the stove without a lid. Bring the water to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for 7-8 minutes. Remove the eggs from the warm water and place them in a bowl with ice-cold water to cool.
- Peel the eggs and chop them finely. Mix eggs and butter with a fork. Season to taste with salt, pepper and other flavors of your choice, see different suggestions below.
- Serve the egg butter with a side of diced avocado tossed in olive oil and finely chopped parsley and a few slices of smoked salmon.
Try flavoring your egg butter with chili flakes, fresh herbs or your favorite seasoning. Egg butter is great as a topping on just about anything – both hot and cold dishes, as avocado, salmon, turkey and ham, but also in soups and stews and on top of vegetables and salads.