- 8 chicken drumstickchicken drumsticks
- ½ cup 11⁄5 dl sour cream or greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g pork rinds
- 3 oz. 90 g unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g green cabbage
- 1 cup 22⁄5 dl mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Nutrition77% Fat20% Protein2% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°C (175°C).
- Mix together a marinade of jerk seasoning, salt and sour cream.
- Pour into a big plastic bag with the drumsticks. Do not remove the skin!
- Shake thoroughly and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the drumsticks from the bag. Throw away the bag with the marinade.
- Put the drumsticks in a new, clean bag.
- Blend pork rinds into fine crumbs in a blender. Add coconut flakes and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour the crumbs into the bag and shake vigorously.
- Place the drumsticks in a greased baking dish, preferably on a rack.
- Pour the oil on top. Bake in oven for 40–45 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Turn the drumsticks after half the time. If the breading has already turned a nice color, lower the heat. The coconut flakes are heat sensitive.
- Meanwhile, make your cole slaw. Shred the cabbage finely with a sharp knife, mandolin or a food processor.
- Place the cabbage in a bowl and add salt, pepper and mayonnaise. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!