- 8 8 chicken drumstickchicken drumsticks
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml sour cream or greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g pork rinds
- 3¼ oz. 90 g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g green cabbage
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Nutrition77% Fat20% Protein2% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix together a marinade of jerk seasoning, salt and sour cream.
- Pour into a big plastic bag with the drumsticks. Do not remove the skin!
- Shake thoroughly and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the drumsticks from the bag. Discard the bag with the marinade.
- Put the drumsticks in a new, clean bag.
- Blend pork rinds into fine crumbs in a blender or food processor. Add coconut flakes and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour the crumbs into a new, clean bag with the marinated chicken and shake vigorously.
- Place the drumsticks in a greased baking dish, preferably on a roasting rack. A broiler pan is another good option.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken. Bake in oven for 40–45 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Turn the drumsticks after half the time. If the breading has already turned a nice color, lower the heat. The coconut flakes are heat sensitive.
- Meanwhile, make your cole slaw. Shred the cabbage finely with a sharp knife, mandolin or the slicing blade in a food processor.
- Place the cabbage in a bowl and add salt, pepper and mayonnaise. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.