Boiled eggs with mayonnaise
Egg lovers, gather around! This recipe is simple, tasty, and just what your body needs to feel satisfied. Pair with tender asparagus, our homemade mayo, and it's instant keto YUM.
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 6 oz. 170 g green asparagus
- salt to taste
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Carefully, place the eggs in the boiling water.
- Boil the eggs for 5-6 minutes for soft-boiled eggs, 6–8 minutes for medium-boiled, and 8–10 minutes for hard-boiled eggs.
- Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and let them cool in cold water. Keep the pot filled with the boiling water for the asparagus.
- Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Peel the eggs, cut them in half. Serve with asparagus, salt and mayonnaise.
Make tiny holes in the eggs using an egg piercer. This helps prevent eggs from cracking while boiling.
Put the eggs in a bowl with ice water directly after boiling and chill for 5-10 minutes to help the shell come off more easily.
Many thanks maxine
The word "mayonnaise" in the ingredient list is a hyperlink to our recipe. We recommend avoiding most commercial mayos as they have inflammatory vegetable oils.
You may find this helpful!
Here you go! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/breakfasts/egg-free
Many people enjoy coffe or tea. You could also have water, sparkling water, or perhaps some unsweetened almond milk. Here's our keto drink guide that should be helpful! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/drinks
You might prefer to use a plain Greek yogurt or something similar.