Boiled eggs with mayonnaise
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Carefully, place the eggs in the boiling water.
- Boil the eggs for 5-6 minutes for soft-boiled eggs, 6–8 minutes for medium-boiled, and 8–10 minutes for hard-boiled eggs.
- Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and let them cool in cold water. Keep the pot filled with the boiling water for the asparagus.
- Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Peel the eggs, cut them in half. Serve with asparagus, salt and mayonnaise.
Make tiny holes in the eggs using an egg piercer. This helps prevent eggs from cracking while boiling.
Put the eggs in a bowl with ice water directly after boiling and chill for 5-10 minutes to help the shell come off more easily.