Rotisserie chicken with keto chili béarnaise sauce
- 4 4 egg yolkegg yolks
- 2 tsp 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely choppedred chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp 2 tsp tomato paste
- 10 oz. 300 g butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 2 rotisserie chickenrotisserie chickens
- 3 oz. 75 g leafy greens
- Split the chicken into two halves and make a fresh green salad or another side dish.
- Crack the eggs and separate the egg yolks into a heat-resistant bowl. Save the egg whites for something else, for example our tortilla bread.
- Mix white-wine vinegar, onion powder and chili in a mug. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Slowly beat in the butter one drop at a time into the egg yolks and continue to whisk, increase the pace into a thin stream as the sauce thickens. Continue to whisk until all the butter has been added. The white milk protein that has accumulated at the bottom of the pan should not be included.
- Add the vinegar and tomato paste. Stir together, salt and pepper to taste. Keep the sauce warm in a double boiler, see below.
- Serve with fried chicken and a green salad or another side dish of your choice.
Keep the sauce warm in a double boiler while you cook other things: Simmer water in a pot and remove from the heat. Add just enough water so that you can lower the bowl with the finished béarnaise sauce into the pot without letting the hot water touch the bowl.