Rotisserie chicken with keto chili béarnaise sauce
We’ve dressed up a simple rotisserie chicken with an amazing keto béarnaise sauce. And the best part? It comes together in a snap. Your taste buds have been waiting for this!
- 3 lbs 1.4 kg rotisserie chicken
- 3 oz. (1½ cups) 85 g (350 ml) leafy greens
Chili Béarnaise sauce
- 4 4 egg yolkegg yolks
- 2 tsp 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely choppedred chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp 2 tsp tomato paste
- 10 oz. 280 g butter
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Split the chicken into two halves and make a fresh green salad or another side dish.
- Crack the eggs and separate the egg yolks into a heat-resistant bowl. Save the egg whites for something else, for example our tortilla bread.
- Mix white-wine vinegar, onion powder and chili in a mug. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Slowly beat in the butter one drop at a time into the egg yolks and continue to whisk, increase the pace into a thin stream as the sauce thickens. Continue to whisk until all the butter has been added. The white milk protein that has accumulated at the bottom of the pan should not be included.
- Add the vinegar and tomato paste. Stir together, salt and pepper to taste. Keep the sauce warm in a double boiler, see below.
- Serve with fried chicken and a green salad or another side dish of your choice.
Not the technique I use for bearnaise sauce ( and the make it twice a month - have for years), this one split immediately. Dissapointed.