Meatloaf with gravy and beans
- 2 lbs 900 g 85% lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 1 large egg, beatenlarge eggs, beaten
- ½ cup 120 ml
- ¼ cup 60 ml
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sweet paprika powder
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup (1 oz.) 120 ml (30 g) finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml
- 2 oz. 55 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1¾ lbs 800 g , ends trimmed
- 1½ oz. 45 g butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- Place the oven rack in the center position, and preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the meatloaf ingredients together with clean hands. Pat the meat mixture into the loaf pan, and bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted meat thermometer reads 160°F (70°C). Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with parsley.
- In a saucepan, over medium high heat, add the gravy ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously with a whisk. Lower the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill a large stock pot ¾ full with water, add the salt and bring to a rolling boil. Blanch the beans by adding them to the boiling water, for approximately 2-3 minutes (remove when they are bright green, and still firm). Drain the beans, and place them in ice water for about 3 minutes, to prevent them from cooking any further.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter and then add the beans. Sauté the beans for about 5 minutes or until tender. Salt and pepper to taste.