- 4 4 large egg whitelarge egg whites
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (31⁄3 oz.) 180 ml (95 g) powdered erythritol
- Preheat the oven to 200°F (95°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites with the whisk attachment of your stand mixer, on medium speed for 3 minutes, then bring the speed up to medium high until soft white peaks form.
- Lower the speed back to medium. Mix in the salt and vanilla.
- Add the powdered sweetener 1 tablespoons at a time until it’s all incorporated. You will have to stop once or twice and scrape the sides down with a spatula.
- Bring the speed of the mixer back up to medium high and continue mixing until stiff white peaks form.
- To make the meringues, you can just add dollops of the sweet egg mixture to the sheet pan, but for pretty little puffs, using a piping bag or a plastic bag with the tip cut off.
- Make 24 puffs and bake for 50-55 minutes until firm and lightly golden, but not browned.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool.