Keto salmon with cowboy sauce
- 1½ lbs 650 g salmon, cut into portion pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli
- 7 oz. 200 g butter
- 1 1 scallion, finely choppedscallions, finely chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh horseradish, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Fry in butter for a couple of minutes on both sides.
- Divide the broccoli into florets. Boil the broccoli in a pot with lightly-salted water until fork-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Melt the butter for the sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk until the sauce thickens. Lower the heat towards the end. If the sauce doesn't thicken, just whisk again and keep simmering a little longer.
Cook's choice — the salmon can be baked, grilled (to keep the smell out of the house), or even poached by simmering it in lightly-salted water if you prefer.