Keto salmon with cowboy sauce
Saddle up and say "howdy" to this simple but well-spiced butter sauce. It's the perfect flavor enhancer for those old favorites, salmon and broccoli. Home on the range never tasted so good.
- 20 oz. 600 g salmon cut into portion pieces
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli
Cowboy Butter Sauce
- 7 oz. 200 g butter
- 1 1 scallionscallions
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp grated fresh horseradish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Fry in butter for a couple of minutes on both sides.
- Boil the broccoli in a pot with lightly-salted water until fork-tender. Drain. Keep warm.
- Melt the butter for the sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk until the sauce thickens. Lower the heat towards the end. If the sauce doesn't reach the desired consistency, just whisk again.
Cooks choice—the salmon can be baked, grilled (to keep the smell out of the house), or even poached by simmering it in lightly-salted water if you prefer.