Keto pork chop and broccoli casserole
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter, for greasing
- 1½ lbs 650 g , ½” thick, boneless pork chop (1 per serving), ½” thick, boneless pork chops (1 per serving)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp olive oil, for searing
- 12 oz. (3¾ cups) 350 g (900 ml) broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp butter
- 8 oz. (1 cup) 230 g (240 ml) cream cheese, sliced into equal pieces
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1 cup (2¾ oz.) 240 ml (80 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9" x 13" (23 x 33 cm) baking dish with butter.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the pork chops. Sear for 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown, with pink centers.
- Place the pork chops in the baking dish, and surround them with the broccoli. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, over medium heat. Stir in the heavy whipping cream, and then add the cream cheese. Continue stirring for a couple of minutes, until smooth. Add the parmesan cheese, stirring for 2 -3 minutes more, until it becomes a creamy sauce.
- Spread the cheese sauce over the broccoli and pork chops. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake on the middle rack for 10 minutes. Uncover, and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the internal pork chop temperature is 135°F (57°C), and the edges of the cheese sauce are golden (see tip). Rest for 5 minutes, before serving.
For an all-over, golden finish:
Place under the broiler after baking for 1-2 minutes.