Simple, amazing, garlicky elegance doesn’t get easier than this! Juicy and tender chicken with buttery garlic goodness will become a new Sunday staple.
- 3 lbs 1.4 kg chicken, a whole birdchickens, a whole bird
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g butter
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Season the chicken with salt and pepper, both inside and out.
- Place chicken breast up in a baking dish.
- Combine the garlic and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. The butter should not turn brown, just melt.
- Let the butter cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the garlic butter over and inside the chicken. Bake on lower oven rack for 1-1 ½ hours, or until internal temperature reaches 180°F (82°C). Baste with the juices from the bottom of the pan every 20 minutes.
- Serve with the juices and a side dish of your choice.
If you don’t have a meat thermometer, another way to tell the chicken is done is to poke a skewer between thigh and breast. The juices should run clear, not pink.