Keto roast chicken in garlic butter
Simple, amazing, garlicky elegance doesn’t get easier than this! Juicy and tender chicken with buttery garlic goodness will become a new Sunday staple.
- 3 lbs 1.4 kg whole chicken, a whole bird
- 2 tsp 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 6 oz. 170 g butter
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Season the chicken with salt and pepper, both inside and out.
- Place chicken breast up in a baking dish.
- Combine the garlic and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. The butter should not turn brown, just melt.
- Let the butter cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the garlic butter over and inside the chicken. Bake on lower oven rack for 1-1 ½ hours, or until internal temperature reaches 180°F (82°C). Baste with the juices from the bottom of the pan every 20 minutes.
- Serve with the juices and a side dish of your choice.
If you don’t have a meat thermometer, another way to tell the chicken is done is to poke a skewer between thigh and breast. The juices should run clear, not pink.
No one wants to search for 10 minutes to find the recipes! Your recipes are fantastic, but the need to be easily and quickly accessible. So far today I have wasted 20 minutes searching for your turnip gratin recipe and I am sure I am not the only person who 'saw something, looked good but now cannot find it'
Second, 180 is way too hot for chicken. I'd take out at 160 at the highest and let carryover take it more. See:
Third, most chicken in the US could stand some time in brine before cooking. I almost always brine chicken.
According to this:
Chicken thigh with skin is only 57% fat by calories. The butter should help, though.
My kitchen smells amazing at the moment.
This recipe makes 4 servings as written.
It's a favourite of mine, I like to make pockets between the skin and the breast meat and pour some of the garlic juices in using a spoon. Yum Yum xx
Thanks for your suggestion! I have passed it on to our team for consideration.
Yes, you're correct! :)
I use 6 cloves garlic and reduce the butter to140 grams and lift some of the skin and pour under