Keto eyeball egg casserole
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 5 oz. 140 g frozen spinach
- 2⁄5 cup 95 ml
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 8 large egglarge eggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp mild chili sauce, or tomato paste (thinned with water)
- 4 4 black olives, halved
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a casserole dish, approximately 8 x 8 " (20 x 20 cm), with the butter.
- Defrost and strain the frozen spinach. Mix the cream, spinach, half the mozzarella, garlic powder (if using), salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Spoon the creamy spinach mixture into the casserole dish, and form deep hollows in the spinach to crack the eggs into.
- Crack the eggs into the spaces between the creamy spinach. Top with the remaining mozzarella, avoiding the eggs, in particular the yolks.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes. Gentle squeeze lines of mild chili sauce (or water thinned tomato paste in an icing bottle or similar) from the egg yolks to the edge of the egg whites, then as pupils. Top the pupils off with a sliced black olive.
- Serve and enjoy your spooky eye eggs.
Serve with keto bread or crackers.
For extra flavor, add in bacon bits with the spinach mix.