Keto chili and tortillas
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs 900 g ground beef
- 1 1 finely chopped yellow onionfinely chopped yellow onions
- 4 4 minced garlic cloveminced garlic cloves
- 5 oz. 150 g celery stalk, finely choppedcelery stalks, finely chopped
- ¼ cup 60 ml chopped pickled jalapeños
- 14 oz. 400 g canned whole tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 7 oz. 200 g butter
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coriander seed, ground
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (5 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups 300 ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- 20 oz. 500 g lettuce
- Brown the ground beef in oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the seasoning and stir.
- Put the seasoned beef into a slow cooker, together with the other ingredients, and mix well. Be sure to drain the tomatoes before adding them to the dish. Cook for at least 6-7 hours on low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a low-carb tortilla, with shredded lettuce and a generous dollop of créme fraiche or sour cream.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat; remove from heat before the butter starts to brown.
- Let the butter cool off slightly. Reserve the frying pan; you can use it for cooking the tortillas.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Add the melted butter. Mix psyllium husk and spices in a little bowl. Add to the egg mixture while stirring. Mix until the batter is smooth, then let it rest and thicken for a couple of minutes.
- Fry the tortillas over medium heat—about a minute on each side. You should have enough batter to make one tortilla per egg/serving, and each tortilla should be approximately 8-9 inches (20-22 cm) in diameter.
Make a large batch of chili and store in the freezer for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. It's perfect served in a bowl, topped with cheese, chopped tomatoes or peppers, and crème fraîche.