Keto chicken club casserole
Love a classic club sandwich? Then you'll love this combo of chicken, cheese, and mayo, served up in a quick and creamy keto casserole. So darn tasty, you won't even miss the bread.
- 2 lbs 900 g rotisserie chicken
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomatotomatoes
- 5 oz. 140 g cooked bacon
- 1 1 dill pickledill pickles
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 6 oz. (3 cups) 170 g (700 ml) leafy greens
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Shred the rotisserie chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Dice (cooked) bacon and chop up the tomatoes and pickles. Mix all three together with the chicken. Add mayonnaise and ⅔ of the cheese and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with leafy greens and olive oil.
It's also easy to cook the chicken from scratch. Here's a simple recipe.
You can omit the bacon or use turkey bacon.
Would be keen to have some kind of weight as that's how we buy them in England.
8x8 should work well.
In case I decide to cook my own, I want to have a gauge how much to get
If you decide to cook your own, you can use 4 chicken breasts, and then you don't have to worry about de-boning or cleaning the whole chicken.
It would be very dry and lower fat without the mayo.
Thank you for your feedback Sherry! Medium tomatoes are what we used to figure our nutrition information.
The recipe has not been tested with sour cream. If you try it, fold in the sour cream gently so as to maintain its texture.
Thanks for sharing your feedback, Karen!
If you don't want to try that, you could mix everything except the tomatoes. After putting the mix into the casserole dish, you could add some tomatoes to just half the dish so your husband wouldn't have to eat them.
I love that you were able to adjust this to your own taste and that of your family.
Yes, it's 1241 calories per serving.
You can use whichever you prefer!