Keto chicken burger with jalapeño aioli
Get ready to get your hands dirty with this quick and healthy no-bun burger! Made with thinly sliced chicken breast fillets, cheddar cheese, onion, tomatoes, and jalapeño aioli. All wrapped up in crispy salad leaves. Cook the chicken on the stovetop or, even better – on the grill for more flavor.
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, minced
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb 450 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- salt and ground black pepper
- 8 8 butterhead lettuce leaves
- 4 4 slices cheddar cheese
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) yellow onion, slicedyellow onions, sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Slice the tomato and onion. Trim and wash the lettuce leaves.
- Mix together the ingredients for the jalapeño aioli in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally. If the chicken breasts are big you can cut them into three pieces. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter to a large frying pan on medium-high heat. When the butter has stopped sizzling add the sliced chicken. Fry them on both sides until cooked through (no longer pink in the middle).
- Lower the heat and place the cheese on top of the chicken and continue frying until the cheese starts to melt.
- Put a salad leaf on each plate, then put the chicken on top, a dollop of the jalapeño aioli, tomato, and onion. Finish off with a salad leaf.
Hi, Manasa! You can find our keto guides here, which include food lists.
That would depend on why you are choosing to replace it. Sour cream may work as an alternative, but it would add carbohydrates.