Call them zoodles. Call them zucchini noodles. Whatever moniker you choose, this dish proves they’re more than just an “alternative” to regular pasta – they’re a culinary treat in and of themselves! With all the creamy textures and crispy-bacon crunch of the Italian classic, this quick and satisfying keto recipe hits all the right notes.
- 10 oz. 300 g bacon or pancetta, diced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 30 oz. 900 g zucchini
- 4 4 egg yolkegg yolks
- 3 oz. 75 g grated parmesan cheese
- Pour the heavy cream into a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and let boil for a few minutes until reduced by a fourth.
- Fry panchetta/bacon in butter until crispy. Reserve the fat.
- Mix in the mayonnaise into the heavy cream. Salt and pepper to taste, and cook until mayonnaise is warmed through.
- Make spirals of the zucchini with a spiralizer. If you don't have a spiralizer you can make thin zucchini strips with a potato peeler.
- Add zoodles to the warm cream sauce. Divide between four plates and top with bacon, egg yolks, parsley, and a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan.
- Drizzle bacon grease on top and serve immediately.
Instead of adding raw zoodles to the warm sauce, you can also microwave the zucchini strands on high for a minute before topping them with sauce. They’ll be warmed through but still have all their fresh crispiness!