Keto blue cheese cabbage stir-fry
This French twist on our favorite “crack slaw” will be your newest FAVORITE thing. Love the crack slaw. Embrace the clack slaw. Eat the crack slaw. This one comes together fast, so file it under, "I'm just going to whip something up."
- 25 oz. 750 g green cabbage
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g butter
- 20 oz. 600 g ground beef
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g blue cheese
- 25 tsp 120 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- Shred the cabbage as finely as possible, either with a knife or in a food processor.
- Fry the cabbage over medium-high heat in roughly half of the butter in a large frying pan or wok. Be careful not to let the cabbage turn brown. You only want it to soften.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and fry for a few more minutes. Reserve sautéed cabbage in a bowl.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same pan. Add the meat and fry until the meat is cooked through, and most of the juices have evaporated.
- Lower the heat a little and add the cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add the heavy cream and let simmer for a few more minutes. Add the cabbage, and stir until everything is evenly hot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chop parsley and place on top before serving.
Crack slaw is delicious reheated. Make extra and enjoy for lunch or even dinner, two nights in a row! Yes, it's that good.