Keto blue cheese cabbage stir-fry
- 1½ lbs 650 g , finely shredded
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (120 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 5 oz. 140 g blue cheese
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt half of the butter in a large frying pan or wok, over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, stirring until it softens.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and fry for a few more minutes. Reserve sautéed cabbage in a bowl.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same pan. Add the ground meat and fry until the meat is cooked through, and most of the juices have evaporated.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, and add the cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add the heavy cream and let simmer for a few more minutes. Add the cabbage, and stir until everything is evenly hot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle the parsley on top before serving.
Crack slaw is delicious reheated. Make extra and enjoy for lunch or even dinner, two nights in a row! Yes, it's that good.