Greek chicken sheet-pan meal with garlic sauce
- 1¾ lbs 800 g boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1" wide pieces
- 5 tbsp 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 lemon, zest and juicelemons, zest and juice
- 3 3 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , in wedges, in wedges
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g) , sliced, sliced
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- 5 oz. 140 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 85 g (150 ml) olives
- ½ cup 120 ml Greek yogurt
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 1 lemon, in wedgeslemons, in wedges (optional)
Chicken and marinade
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl or plastic bag. Add the chicken thighs and toss to fully coat.
- Cover or seal, and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (200°C).
- Place the onion and bell pepper in a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Top with the chicken and marinade. Make sure the marinade covers the vegetables. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Add tomatoes, feta cheese, and olives. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is light golden brown.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables together with the garlic sauce. Garnish with some fresh thyme and wedges of lemon.
This dish is perfect for meal prepping. Make a big batch and save it for lunch or put the left-overs in the freezer. The sauce doesn't freeze well so make a new batch or just serve it with mayo mixed with some garlic powder for an even easier sauce.