Greek chicken sheet-pan meal with garlic sauce
- 5 tbsp 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 lemon, zest and juicelemons, zest and juice
- 3 3 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1¾ lbs 800 g boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1" (2.5 cm) pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , cut in wedges, cut in wedges
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g) , sliced, sliced
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- 5 oz. 140 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 85 g (150 ml) olives
- ½ cup 120 ml Greek yogurt
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 1 lemon, in wedgeslemons, in wedges (optional)
Chicken and marinade
- In a medium-sized bowl, or a large plastic bag, mix together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and oregano. Add the chicken thighs, and toss to coat.
- Cover or seal, and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (200°C). Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the onion wedges and bell pepper slices on the sheet pan. Add the chicken and completely coat the vegetables with the marinade. Bake on the middle rack, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from the oven. Evenly scatter the tomatoes, feta cheese, and olives around the chicken. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables, with the garlic sauce on the side. Garnish with fresh thyme and lemon wedges.
This dish is perfect for meal prepping. Make a big batch and save it for lunch or put the left-overs in the freezer. The sauce doesn't freeze well so make a new batch or just serve it with mayo mixed with some garlic powder for an even easier sauce.