Frittata with Parmesan and bacon
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 oz. 140 g bacon, diced
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) , diced, diced
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (60 g) , diced, diced
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 oz. (1 cup) 85 g (260 ml) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 8 large egglarge eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat an 8" (20 cm) oven-proof skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add bacon, onion, and bell pepper and cook until the bacon turns slightly golden. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs with the Parmesan cheese (save a handful of cheese for later) until well combined. Pour over the bacon mixture in the skillet and allow to cook until nearly set.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the top and place in the oven for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the frittata cool and slice into portions.
Keep portions in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Diet Doctor's Recipe Team has slightly modified this recipe to follow our recipe and nutritional guidelines. You'll find the original recipe on Aaron's website: Fat for Weightloss: Keto Frittata