Creamy herb sauce
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Whip crème fraîche until fluffy.
- Add the finely chopped herbs and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
Crème fraîche is quite firm when you open the packaging but it becomes more fluid when stirred. By whipping with an electric mixer you get a fluffy and firm consistency. You can season the sauce just the way you like it! You can use any dried herbs if you don't have fresh ones at home. This sauce can be prepared ahead and you can store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Many stores in the US carry creme fraiche, but sour cream is a good substitute.