Sour cream and onion omelet
- 3 3 large egglarge eggs
- ¼ cup (1 oz.) 60 ml (30 g) shredded cheese
- ¼ cup (1½ oz.) 60 ml (40 g) red onion, finely dicedred onions, finely diced
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp sour cream, room temperature
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, cheese, onion, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Heat butter or oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the egg mixture.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until your preferred doneness is reached. Fold it into a half-moon shape and serve right away.
If you prefer, you can sauté the red onions for a couple of minutes first to caramelize and soften them.
Garnish with extra sour cream and red onion to dress it up.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Sahil's cookbook, "Keto Life".
So glad you enjoyed it!