Sour cream and onion omelet
- 3 3 large egglarge eggs
- ¼ cup (1 oz.) 60 ml (30 g) shredded cheese
- ¼ cup (1½ oz.) 60 ml (40 g) red onion, finely dicedred onions, finely diced
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp , room temperature
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, cheese, onion, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Heat butter or oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. When hot, pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until your preferred doneness is reached. Fold it into a half-moon shape and serve right away.
If you prefer, you can sautee the red onions for a couple of minutes first to caramelize and soften.
Garnish with extra sour cream and red oinion for a fancier look.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Sahil's cookbook, "Keto Life".