Smoked salmon and asparagus frittata
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ oz. 14 g butter
- 3½ oz. 100 g smoked salmon
- 3½ oz. 100 g fresh green asparagus
- Pre-heat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl and then add cream, seasonings, parmesan and half of the grated mozzarella.
- Grease an 8" (20 cm) baking dish with butter and then scatter chunks of smoked salmon over the base of the dish.
- Lay the asparagus spears on top, cutting them to size if required.
- Pour the egg mixture over and then scatter with the remaining mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes.
The smoked salmon can be hot smoked or cold smoked and can be swapped out for tinned salmon. Drain well before adding it.
The asparagus can be fresh or tinned, just make sure you drain them well before adding them to your frittata.
Serve with sour cream, finely chopped red onions, freshly-squeezed lemon and, fresh dill on top for enhanced flavor.