Shaved kohlrabi with smashed avocado, anchovies and soft-boiled eggs
This is some no-joke brain and body food! Keto superstars avocado, egg and anchovies meet the versatile kohlrabi in Seamus Mullen's seriously delicious appetizer that's filling enough be a meal on its own.
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocado, pitted and peeledavocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp green chili pepper, preferably Serranogreen chili peppers, preferably Serrano
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated and peeled
- ¼ ¼ garlic clove, finely gratedgarlic cloves, finely grated
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp sprigs fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 oz. 9 g anchovies, fillets
- ¼ cup 60 ml avocado oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1½ 1½ lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- 2 2 kohlrabi, cut into paper-thin slices on a mandolinekohlrabis, cut into paper-thin slices on a mandoline
- 1 pinch 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 2 2 soft-boiled egg, peeled and halvedsoft-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado, chili, ginger, garlic, cilantro, anchovies, half of the avocado oil, and half of the lime juice and mash together with a potato masher.
- In another large bowl, toss the kohlrabi, the remaining lime juice, the remaining avocado oil, and a pinch of salt. Arrange on a serving plate and top with the avocado mixture and the halved eggs.
- Zest the remaining lime half on top, sprinkle with salt, and drizzle with oil.
About the recipe
This recipe is part of a collaboration with Seamus Mullen and comes from his book "Real Food Heals". Reprinted by arrangement with Avery Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2017, Seamus Mullen