Quick keto turkey bolognese with cabbage noodles
Mama Mia! This speedy keto version of the Italian bolognese is just as flavorful as the original. The "al dente" cabbage noodles play their part as a healthy stand-in for pasta like a pro. Did we mention that it will be ready in 10 minutes?
- 9 oz. 260 g green cabbage or pointed cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and ground black pepper
- 12 oz. 350 g ground turkey or ground chicken
- ½ cup 120 ml sugar-free tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or a mix of garlic powder and oregano
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped for garnish (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Heat up a large skillet with half of the oil. Add the cabbage and a splash of water to the pan. Cook until softened but still firm. Season with salt. Set aside and keep warm.
- Pour the rest of the oil into the same pan. Add the ground turkey and break it apart with a spatula while frying. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Continue frying until cooked through. Add the tomato sauce and let it simmer for a minute or two.
- Serve the bolognese on top of the cabbage noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan and some basil if you want to add a splash of color.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed this recipe!