Poulet au four
- 3 lbs 1.5 kg chickenchickens
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp barbecue seasoning
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g butter
- 1 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 2 yellow onionyellow onions
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
- Take out the chicken. Dry thoroughly with paper towels. Salt and pepper all over the inside and outside of the chicken. Don't skimp on the salt. Rub in the barbecue spice. Place in a greased deep baking dish.
- Peel and cut the onion into wedges and place around the chicken. Same with the lemon. Put sliced butter on the chicken.
- Place the baking dish in the oven, lower rack, and bake for 1½ hour or more, depending on the size, in 350°F–400°F (175°C–200°C). Baste the chicken with drippings every now and then and add water if needed.
If you want a stronger lemon taste you can put a piece of lemon inside the chicken. Save the drippings and make a sauce if you want. If giblets were a part of the chicken when you bought it, they should not be thrown away. Place them around the chicken, it gives flavor to the pan juices. You don’t have to eat them if you don’t want to. Garnish this amazing chicken with fresh lemon for even more visual appeal!