Keto chicken with lemon and butter
Lemony, salty, and savory? Check. This chicken is going to make you think, “where have you been all my life?” Bonus: It’s low carb. And did we mention, it’s loaded with a buttery, citrusy flavor? Don’t save roast chicken for Sundays, you can have it any night of the week!
- 3 lbs 1.4 kg whole chicken
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp barbecue seasoning dry rub
- 2 oz. 55 g butter sliced
- 1 1 lemon, cut into wedgeslemons, cut into wedges
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (220 g) yellow onion cut into wedgesyellow onions cut into wedges
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 365°F (185°C).
- Prepare the chicken by drying it thoroughly with paper towels. Season the entire chicken with salt and pepper, including the cavity. Don't skimp on the salt! Next, rub the outside of the chicken with the barbecue seasoning, and then place it in a baking dish.
- Surround the chicken with the onion and lemon wedges, and then evenly place the butter slices on top of the chicken.
- Place the baking dish on the lower oven rack, and bake for 50 minutes, or more depending on the size of the chicken. Baste the chicken with drippings frequently, and if necessary, add water.
My second question is concerning the cake graph which is visible via phone cell but when I open the recipe on PC, the graph is not there. What is wrong???
So if you don't have lemon,try vinegar.
You can put the butter between the skin and the meat.
The leftover bones make a good bone broth boiled up in water.
And so easy! This is also a great starter for any of our dishes the require rotisserie or shredded chicken--if you have leftovers :)