Keto chicken with lemon and butter
- 3 lbs 1.4 kg whole chicken
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp barbecue seasoning dry rub
- 2 oz. 55 g butter sliced
- 1 1 lemon, cut into wedgeslemons, cut into wedges
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (220 g) cut into wedges cut into wedges
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 365°F (185°C).
- Prepare the chicken by drying it thoroughly with paper towels. Season the entire chicken with salt and pepper, including the cavity. Don't skimp on the salt! Next, rub the outside of the chicken with the barbecue seasoning, and then place it in a baking dish.
- Surround the chicken with the onion and lemon wedges, and then evenly place the butter slices on top of the chicken.
- Place the baking dish on the lower oven rack, and bake for 50 minutes, or more depending on the size of the chicken. Baste the chicken with drippings frequently, and if necessary, add water.