Low-carb poppy-seed bread
- 8 oz. (1 cup) 230 g (260 ml) cottage cheese
- 3 3 eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (50 g) chia seeds or flaxseed
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Mix all the dry ingredients. Stir in eggs, cottage cheese, and oil. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Spread the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20–25 minutes.
- Let dry on a rack without the parchment paper.
- Cut into 6–8 serving pieces and enjoy with butter and toppings.
- Put the leftover bread in the fridge or freezer, it will be like freshly baked in the toaster.
- We have chosen to serve the bread with a salad, a filling curry chicken mayonnaise.