Low-carb poppy-seed bread
A filling sandwich with a delicious low-carb bread with cottage cheese and poppy seeds, easy to make. Top with leafy greens and a chicken curry salad!
- 8 oz. 225 g cottage cheese
- 3 3 eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp 60 ml chia seeds or flaxseed
- 4 tbsp 60 ml sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (2.5 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- leafy greens
- cherry tomatoes
- mayonnaise, flavored with curry
- cooked chickencooked chickens or turkey
- Mix all the dry ingredients. Stir in eggs, cottage cheese and oil. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Spread the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20–25 minutes.
- Let dry on a rack without the parchment paper.
- Cut into 6–8 serving pieces and enjoy with butter and toppings.
- Put the leftover bread in the fridge or freezer, it will be like freshly baked in the toaster.
- We have chosen to serve the bread with a salad, a filling curry chicken mayonnaise.