Low carb poppy seed bread
A filling sandwich with a delicious low carb bread with cottage cheese and poppy seeds, easy to make. Top with leafy greens and a chicken curry salad!
Low carb bread
- 8 oz. (1 cup) 230 g (260 ml) cottage cheese
- 3 3 eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (50 g) chia seeds or flaxseed
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- leafy greens
- cherry tomatoes
- mayonnaise, flavored with curry or vegan mayonnaise
- cooked whole chicken or deli turkey
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Mix all the dry ingredients. Stir in eggs, cottage cheese, and oil. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Spread the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20–25 minutes.
- Let dry on a rack without the parchment paper.
- Cut into 6–8 serving pieces and enjoy with butter and toppings.
- Put the leftover bread in the fridge or freezer, it will be like freshly baked in the toaster.
- We have chosen to serve the bread with a filling curry chicken mayonnaise salad.
If you hover your mouse over the symbol for "Strict/Moderate/Liberal Low Carb" on the pictures for all our recipes then you will get the nutritional facts.
The amount of displayed carbs is net carbs (Total amount of carbs - fiber).
Yes, a standard 1/2 sheet baking sheet.
They do not need to be ground. You can simply add the seeds.