Low carb cashew chicken stir-fry
This quick and easy stir-fry is the perfect meal to throw together on those busy weeknights. It also makes for excellent meal prep, as it reheats very well. Cook once and eat twice!
- 8 oz. 230 g chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieceschicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sriracha sauce, more to taste
- 4 oz. (12⁄3 cups) 110 g (375 ml) cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (120 g) small red bell pepper, cut into large chunkssmall red bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- 4 oz. (1¼ cups) 110 g (290 ml) broccoli, florets
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 1 1 small summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2½ oz. (½ cup) 70 g (120 ml) roasted cashew nuts
- 2 (1 oz.) 2 (30 g) diagonally sliced scallion, for garnishdiagonally sliced scallions, for garnish
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and ginger.
- Heat half of the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken to the pan and saute until the chicken is golden brown and almost cooked through.
- Add the remaining sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, zucchini, squash, and garlic to the pan. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Add the cashews and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds before serving.
Yes, that's correct. The vegetables are the star of this dish! You could add more chicken if you prefer.
Sure! You can omit any vegetables you don't have or don't like. Omitting spices may affect the flavor, but you can certainly adjust to your needs.