Low-carb cashew chicken stir-fry
- ½ lb 225 g chicken breast (without skin), cut into bite-sized pieceschicken breasts (without skin), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sriracha sauce, more to taste
- 4 oz. 110 g cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 1 small , cut into large chunkssmall , cut into large chunks
- 4 oz. 110 g broccoli, florets
- 1 1 small , halved lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 1 1 small summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2½ oz. 75 g roasted cashew nuts
- 2 2 diagonally sliced , for garnishdiagonally sliced , for garnish
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Season the chicken pieces with the salt, pepper and ginger.
- Heat half of the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken to the pan and saute until the chicken is golden brown and almost cooked through.
- Add the remaining sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, zucchini, squash, and garlic to the pan. Cook until the chicken in cooked through and the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Add the cashews and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds before serving.