Low-carb beef stroganoff
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 8 oz. 230 g mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz. 230 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 1½ cups 350 ml
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, about 10” (25 cm), over medium heat. Saute for 8-10 minutes, or until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Add the ground beef, and fry for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Stir in the mushrooms, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese and sour cream, stirring together until combined. Increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a light boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Prepare the zucchini fettuccini.
- Cut off the ends of each zucchini, and then slice in half, length-wise. Remove the seeds with a spoon. Use a vegetable peeler, or a spiralizer, to create thin, fettuccini-like noodles.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add the zucchini noodles, and parboil for 1 minute. Drain in a colander and then move to a serving platter. Add the olive oil or butter, toss together, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For serving, plate the zucchini noodles and top with the beef stroganoff.
Switch it up a little! Shredded chicken makes a great substitute for ground beef.