Low-carb beef stroganoff
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- ½ lb 225 g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground black pepper
- ½ lb 225 g blue cheese
- 1½ cups 350 ml sour cream
- 2 2
- 1 oz. 30 g olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper
- Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Melt the butter in a pot on medium heat, and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the ground beef and fry for a few minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Slice or dice the mushrooms, and add to the ground beef. Sauté for a few minutes more, or until lightly brown.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper. Crumble the cheese. Add and stir.
- Add sour cream and bring to a light boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Estimate one medium-sized zucchini per person.
- Split the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the seeds with a spoon and slice the halves very thinly, lengthwise (julienne) with a potato peeler, or use a spiralizer to make zoodles.
- Toss the zucchini in a hot sauce of your choice and serve immediately.
- If you aren’t serving your zucchini with a hot sauce then boil half a gallon (a couple of liters) of salted water in a large pot and parboil the zucchini slices for a minute.
- Drain the water and add olive oil or a knob of butter. Salt and pepper to taste and stir.
Switch it up a little! Shredded chicken makes a great substitute for ground beef.