Keto steak with béarnaise sauce
- 2 tsp 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp finely chopped, fresh tarragon
- 4 4 egg yolk, at room temperatureegg yolks, at room temperature
- 10 oz. 275 g butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs 900 g (1 steak per portion) ribeye steak, at room temperature(1 steak per portion) ribeye steaks, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for pan frying
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g arugula lettuce
- 2 oz. 50 g lettuce
- 8 oz. 225 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, onion powder, and tarragon.
- Place the yolks in a tall and narrow, heat-resistant container. Using an electric hand mixer, whisk the yolks until smooth.
- Over medium-low heat, gently melt the butter in a saucepan, or in a microwave oven. (Don’t let it get too hot; you should be able to put your finger in it without getting burned.) A white, milk protein will form at the bottom of the saucepan from the melted butter; avoid using this in the recipe.
- Slowly add the butter into the yolks, whisking together with the hand mixer on low speed. When the sauce begins to thicken, increase the speed and whisk together until all of the butter is blended with the yolks. Then whisk in the vinegar-spice mixture until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- To keep the sauce warm, add some water to a pot that is large enough to hold the béarnaise sauce container. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then remove it from the stove. Set the béarnaise sauce container in the water, which will keep it warm, as the meat is being prepared.
- Pan-fry or grill the meat to your liking: rare, medium, or well done. Serve with the béarnaise sauce and a generous salad.