Keto mug frittata
- 1 tsp 1 tsp butter, for greasing
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz. (4 tbsp) 28 g (60 ml) shredded cheese
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 oz. 28 g air-dried chorizo, sliced
- 1 oz. (5 tbsp) 28 g (75 ml) broccoli, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Grease a large mug with butter. Add eggs, cream, cheese and spices, and whisk together until combined well. The egg mixture will double its size during cooking, so make sure there is enough space left in the mug.
- Add broccoli and chorizo. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. If it's not set in the middle, microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Let cool for a minute.
You can serve the frittata with rocket (arugula) or baby spinach and some olive oil.
This is a one-portion dish, but feel free to make several portions at once and save them for the next day. Perfect for picnic and excursions.
This recipe is tailored for microwave preparation. If you want to use your oven or the stovetop, feel free to refer to one of our other recipes:
You can use any kind of cheese that you like!
Thanks so much for your feedback. We've listened, re-tested this recipe, and improved it. We hope once you try it again yourself, you'll notice the difference — and love it as much as we do.
/The recipe team
P.S. To keep the comments section up-to-date, we've gone ahead and removed any comments regarding the now-resolved issues. Thanks!