Keto holiday turkey meatballs with roasted Brussels sprouts
- 1 lb 450 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onion, wedgesred onions, wedges
- ¼ cup 60 ml pecans
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, divided
- 4 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 110 g (160 ml) red onion, finely choppedred onions, finely chopped
- 1¾ lbs 800 g ground turkey
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F (185°C).
- Spread the Brussels sprouts, red onion, and pecan nuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and drizzle with olive oil and toss until evenly coated. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and a bit golden.
- Heat up a large frying pan with half of the butter on medium-high heat. When hot, add the chopped onion. Fry until soft.
- In a big bowl, mix the ground turkey with the fried onion, egg, and spices.
- Form the meat mixture into balls, about 1" (3 cm) each. It helps to keep your hands damp while forming the balls.
- Add the rest of the butter to the hot frying pan. Place the meatballs in the pan in a single layer making sure they don't touch. You might need to fry them in batches depending on the size of the pan. Fry until browned on all sides. Keep warm.
- Mix the mayo and mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the meatballs with the drippings from the pan, roasted Brussels sprouts, and a dollop of mustard mayo.
Roasted brussels sprouts
You could also fry some sliced strips of bacon until crispy to add some extra flavor, salt, and fat to this dish.
To make the meatballs even juicier you can add some mayonnaise (about 2 tbsp) or bacon fat into the meat mixture. It will be a bit more challenging to make them completely round but they sure will taste fantastic.
How to bake meatballs in the oven
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the meatballs in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving space between the meatballs.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and juices run clear.
Awesome! So glad they were a hit!
So glad it worked out well for your family! The broccolini sounds great!