Keto chicken fritters with avocado tzatziki and tomato salad
- 1¾ lbs 800 g finely diced chicken breastfinely diced chicken breasts or ground chicken
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 oz. (41⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (65 ml) , finely sliced, finely sliced
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 1 lb (2½ cups) 450 g (600 ml) tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 1 oz. 28 g white onion, thinly slicedwhite onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper
- Mix the avocado with yogurt and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients for the chicken fritters.
- Heat up a large frying pan (or two depending on how many servings you make) with olive oil on medium-high heat. With a big spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop the chicken mixture into the pan (about 3 fritters per serving). Press them down with a spatula to make a fritter. Fry on both sides for about 6 minutes or until cooked all the way through and golden.
- While the fritters are frying, mix the tomatoes with the white onion, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Serve together with the chicken fritters and avocado tzatziki. If you like, garnish with sliced scallions and lemon wedges.