Keto chicken fritters with avocado tzatziki and tomato salad
Chicken fritters, elevated! Kids and adults alike will love this colorful keto meal. Fritters are seasoned and fried to golden brown perfection, and served with a creamy avocado yogurt dip and a cool tomato salad. At 8 grams of carbs per serving, this keto chicken dinner will satisfy both the keto police and the picky palette.
- 1¾ lbs 800 g finely diced chicken breastfinely diced chicken breasts or ground chicken
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 oz. (41⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (65 ml) scallion, finely slicedscallions, finely sliced
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 1 lb (2½ cups) 450 g (600 ml) tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 1 oz. 28 g white onion, thinly slicedwhite onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Mix the avocado with yogurt and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients for the chicken fritters.
- Heat a large frying pan (or two depending on how many servings you make) with olive oil over medium-high heat. With a big spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop the chicken mixture into the pan (about 3 fritters per serving). Press them down with a spatula to make a fritter. Fry on both sides for about 6 minutes or until cooked all the way through and golden.
- While the fritters are frying, mix the tomatoes with the white onion, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Serve together with the chicken fritters and avocado tzatziki. If you like, garnish with sliced scallions and lemon wedges.