Keto butter-fried fish with tandoori sauce
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tandoori seasoning
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lbs 650 g cod, or any white fish with skin on
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (225°C).
- Mix crème fraîche with the tandoori seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Divide the cauliflower into small florets or roughly chop into smaller pieces. Transfer the cauliflower to an ovenproof dish and drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until it gets a nice golden color.
- Salt and pepper the fish on both sides. Fry skin side down in butter on medium high heat. Flip after a few minutes and lower the heat. Feel free to drizzle the upper side of the fish with some butter from the pan. The skin should be crispy and the meat white.
- Serve fish with cauliflower and tandoori sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
If you don't want to use your oven, you can also steam or butter fry the cauliflower on the stovetop.
Leave the tandoori sauce at room temperature if you're going to serve it straight away, otherwise store in the refrigerator. It tastes best when it's not too cold.