Fish with creamy egg sauce and sugar snaps
- 1¾ lbs 800 g cod
- 1 1 fish bouillon cubefish bouillon cubes (optional)
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml heavy whipping cream
- 7 oz. 200 g cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 3 egg, hard-boiledeggs, hard-boiled
- 1 lb 450 g sugar snap peas
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1 lemon, sliced
- In a saucepan, crumble the fish bouillon* and pour in as much water as will cover the fish. Bring the water to a boil.
- Cut the fish into smaller pieces and place in the water. Cook over low heat with the lid on for about 3 minutes. Remove the fish with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add cream and cream cheese. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously, then lower the heat. Let simmer for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in finely chopped parsley and chopped hard-boiled eggs. Stir gently to combine.
- Fry sugar snaps for a few minutes in butter and serve together with the fish and egg sauce.
*If you don't have bouillon, you can use lightly salted water and a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice in Step 1.