Crustless keto broccoli and bacon quiche
- 1 tsp 1 tsp butter, for greasing
- 4 oz. 110 g bacon
- 4 4 eggeggs
- ¼ cup 60 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz. 110 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 oz. 175 g mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F° (175 C°). Grease a 9" (23 cm) pie plate with butter.
- Place the bacon in a cold skillet. Cook over medium heat until crispy, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, and then cut into the bacon small pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, and seasonings until well combined.
- Place the broccoli and bacon pieces into the pie plate. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli and bacon, and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with fresh sliced tomatoes and leafy greens.
Store-bought, fully cooked bacon can also be used for this recipe. Measure 4 oz, and cut into small pieces.