- 23 oz. 650 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1 red bell pepper, finely dicedred bell peppers, finely diced
- 1¼ cups 300 ml sour cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 – 2 teaspoons 1 – 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (green)
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ – 1 teaspoon ½ – 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg
You can buy ready-made Garam Masala in the grocery store (about 2 1⁄2 tablespoons). Just make sure that the spice mix is sugar and additive free.
Nutrition66% Fat29% Protein5% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise and sauté until the meat has turned a nice color.
- Add half the garam masala mix and stir thoroughly.
- Salt, and place the chicken, including the juices, in a baking dish.
- Mix sour cream/heavy whipping cream and bell pepper with the rest of the garam masala mix.
- Spread the mix over the chicken. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.