Turkey burger with roasted vegetables and garlic butter
It's easy to forget what a quick meal option a burger patty can be, so we're here to remind you! This turkey burger is saying, "No buns, no problem." We prefer a side of these beautifully roasted veggies with a generous helping of garlic butter. Let the butter melt over everything, and make sure you mop up every last bit of those garlicky pools. Keto dinner is served!
- ½ lb 220 g Brussels sprouts
- 3 oz. 85 g cherry tomatoes
- 3 oz. (1¼ cups) 85 g (290 ml) mushrooms
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried rosemary or dried thyme
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp finely chopped, fresh parsley
- salt to taste
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse and trim the vegetables and peel the outer layer of the Brussels sprouts if needed. Chop the vegetables, so they're roughly the same size.
- Place them in a baking dish. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary, and/or thyme. Drizzle with olive oil and mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the vegetables have softened and turned a nice color.
- Combine the ground turkey with mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Divide the meat mixture into balls — roughly 4 oz (110 g) each. Flatten and shape them into burgers with wet hands. The thinner they are, the faster they will cook.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter.
- When the pan is hot, place the burgers in the pan.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through, and have a nice brown crust. There are two burgers per serving.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic powder, parsley, and salt. Set aside to let the flavors develop before serving. If you're preparing it ahead of time, store it in the refrigerator.
When the chicken is almost cooked, add some heavy cream and more seasoning to the skillet to make a quick and delicious sauce.
You can use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder for more of a kick. Use as much as you like.