Turkey burger with creamed spinach
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter or olive oil
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 4 oz. (32⁄3 cups) 110 g (850 ml) fresh spinach, rinsed, trimmed, and dried
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp) 28 g (30 ml) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine the ground turkey with mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Divide the meat mixture into balls — roughly 4 oz (110 g) each. Flatten and shape them into burgers with wet hands. The thinner they are, the faster they will cook.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter.
- When the pan is hot, place the burgers in the pan.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through, and have a nice brown crust. There are two burgers per serving.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet. As it cooks down, add the cream cheese, heavy cream, and garlic powder. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan just before serving.