Spicy keto chicken casserole with blue cheese
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken breast, cubed into bite-sized pieceschicken breasts, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 12 oz. (3¾ cups) 350 g (900 ml) broccoli, quartered
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (110 ml) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sambal oelek or chili paste
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 5 oz. 140 g blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the chicken and broccoli in a baking pan or baking dish that is about 10 x 14" (25 x 35 cm). Season with half of the salt and pepper.
- Add cream, cream cheese, sambal oelek, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Whisk until combined. Stir in the blue cheese. Pour the sauce on top of the broccoli and chicken mix until everything is covered with creamy deliciousness.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
Serve this hearty casserole as it is or together with some cauli rice or a fresh salad.
Sprinkle the casserole with a handful of roughly chopped walnuts before popping it into the oven for a nice extra crunch.