Rutabaga fritters with bacon
- 1 lb 450 g
- 6 oz. 170 g
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- 1 pinch 1 pinch turmeric
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, for frying
- 8 oz. 230 g bacon
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 5 oz. (2½ cups) 140 g (600 ml) leafy greens
- Rinse and peel the rutabaga. Grate coarsely with a grater or in a food processor. Shred the cheese the same way.
- Mix cheese and rutabaga with the other ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Form 12 patties with your hands and place in frying pan with a generous amount of butter. (Or use a large spoon and scoop mixture directly into pan.)
- Fry on medium heat. Turn the patties after a few minutes. Lower the heat towards the end. Keep cooked fritters warm in a warm oven.
- Serve with a green salad and a dollop of mayonnaise, perhaps flavored with herbs or paprika powder. And don't forget the bacon...
Halloumi cheese is also known as grilling cheese, frying cheese or Queso Para Frier. Due to its high melting point, it holds its own while delivering a creamy texture—pure heaven in our book! Feel free to use spices of your choice to further enhance the fritters. Adding half a teaspoon of chili flakes or a tablespoon dried herbs will work magic