Quick keto chicken garam masala
With coconut cream, turmeric, and garam masala, this dish has an exotic and satisfying spicy flavor. You'll be amazed that something so tasty could be so quick and simple. Serve with cauliflower rice and you have a winning low carb take on a classic Indian dish.
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless chicken thighs, sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (120 g) red bell pepper, thinly slicedred bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2½ tbsp 2½ tbsp garam masala seasoning
- 2 tsp 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cups 300 ml coconut cream or heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add the coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the garam masala, turmeric and garlic into the pan. Fry for a minute while stirring, making sure it doesn’t get burned.
- Add the chicken and salt, then stir thoroughly. Fry for about 3 minutes before adding the bell pepper. Continue frying for about 2 minutes. Add the coconut cream and let it simmer, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
To make cauliflower rice, just mince cauliflower florets into rice-sized pieces, then steam, or fry in butter until tender.
If making this recipe to freeze, use coconut milk as the cream base rather than heavy whipping cream.
Garam masala is fragrant and floral, but neither it nor turmeric are usually spicy.
Thank you for the feedback!
is that O.K to consume so much saturated fat?
with all the coconut it is about 40g/serving
This guide should be helpful for you! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/saturated-fat
Riced cauliflower has around 2 net carbs per 3/4 cup serving. You may determine what your portion is based on the rest of the meal and your carb threshold.
Try ghee for the coconut oil and heavy cream for the coconut cream. Enjoy!
Many stores will sell Garam Masala on the spice aisle. You can also view our recipe for it here: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-chicken-garam-masala
Andrea, most of the flavor comes from the Garam Masala seasoning, turmeric, and red peppers. I would check your Garam Masala seasoning to be sure it is flavorful.
That sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing.
Oh I'm sorry that happened! The canned coconut cream is usually with the coconut milk in the Indian foods section of most grocery stores.
Ps. I am new to this, I may have eaten keto many times IF polenta is considered to be keto. I mean no bread, no mash potatoes or rice. I watched your YT channel but I didn't see polenta mentioned. Thank you for this challenge and educational process, I really appreciate doing this for us!
Hi, Roberta! We recommend avoiding all grains, so polenta would be something best to avoid. We hope you enjoy our recipes!
Thank you so much for the great comments! I'm glad you're enjoying the meals and the program!
Hi, Kathy! You can switch all measurements to metric by clicking the green toggle button at the top of the Ingredients list. Hope this helps!
Great! So glad you love it!
You could omit them or replace them with mushrooms or another low carb vegetable that you enjoy. There isn't a specific recommendation.