Parmesan-crusted keto fish with zoodles
- 6 tbsp 6 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese, divded
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3½ oz. 100 g zucchini, spiralized
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 1 oz. 28 g macadamia nuts
- 14 oz. 400 g white fish filletwhite fish fillets
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the Parmesan, parsley, and zucchini.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium-high heat and cook until browned.
- Meanwhile, toast the macadamia nuts in a dry frying pan for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan and crush with a mortar and pestle or chop them finely with a knife. Set aside.
- Mix the parsley and half of the Parmesan on a plate. This creates the 'crust' mix.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Then, press all sides of the fish down into the crust mix. Ensure the fish is fully coated.
- Add the oil to the same pan you fried the macadamia nuts in, and once hot, fry the fish. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, depending on the size and thickness of the fillet. After cooking one side and flipping over, add about 1/3 of the browned butter to the pan and baste the fish with it. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the zoodles to the same pan, season with salt and some more browned butter, and turn off the heat after 30-40 seconds.
- Portion the zoodles onto plates and sprinkle with macadamia nuts. Place the fish on top, cover with the remaining browned butter, and parmesan. Serve and enjoy!
Instead of using a spiralizer you can use a vegetable peeler to make zucchini ribbons 'a la tagliatelle instead.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Sahil's cookbook, "Keto Life".